Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

doing a mc 2100 install but!

559 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  gsands31 
#1 ·
Can't figure out why my electric choke is sticking at every start up, it shoots to 2500 rpm and I have to flip the lil lever back down. Fabing throttle linkage now and I think all vacumm lines are ok. just this one problem.

#7 ·
There are a couple critical choke settings that make the difference in drivability.

One is the tension of the coil spring needs to be set to spec. Start with the index lines aligned(top of plastic choke housing).

There should be a choke pull off vacuum dashpot that cracks the choke open a fraction when it fires up.

Then you need to adjust the fast idle screw.

Look for the carburetor spec sheet for that carb and it will detail the bench settings and how to do each one. This is the make or break stuff to make the carb run right at first crank and cold drive away without any hiccups.

Your closest application ...74-80 jeep SJs with 304, perhaps?

Reactions: Chrisnvegas
#6 ·
To adjust the Choke Stove ( Heater ) in the morning when the motor is not running and cold loosen the 3 screws on the choke housing so it will turn and with partially open throttle turn the housing CCW to the lean side so the butterfly is almost closed - 3/16" gap - that is a good starting point , you may have to adjust the fast idle cam screw that's on the plastic link as well - not idle set screw - , hope this helps .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.