does my 95 yj have stock wiring for front headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > does my 95 yj have stock wiring for front headlights

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 06-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
austinphe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

does my 95 yj have stock wiring for front headlights

I've recently bought a 95 yj and i have two extra cables coming out of my front wiring harness that runs through the grill for the headlights and signals. The two cables run out on either side of the grill and have a clip on the end the fit in some floodlights that i was givin, but i have no idea where the switch is for these lights. do some yjs come stock with extra wiring for the lights, or is that something that the previous owner would have installed? if they do come stock where is the switch to turn them on?? any help is appreciated!

austinphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinphe View Post
I've recently bought a 95 yj and i have two extra cables coming out of my front wiring harness that runs through the grill for the headlights and signals. The two cables run out on either side of the grill and have a clip on the end the fit in some floodlights that i was givin, but i have no idea where the switch is for these lights. do some yjs come stock with extra wiring for the lights, or is that something that the previous owner would have installed? if they do come stock where is the switch to turn them on?? any help is appreciated!
Your dash harness probably has the fog light switch. You also need the fog light switch which is the switch on the left in this picture. They can be found in mid 90's Cherokees also and on ebay occasionally.

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
austinphe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ah, I was just curious if it was stock, if not I will have to find where the wires are leading to and can put it on one of the extra switches on my dash that aren't hooked up to anything
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Download the FSM I have uploaded here: http://pdfcast.org/pdf/1995-jeep-wra...ctrical-system

This will allow you to track down the plugs, and where they end up in the harness very easily! You will love this manual seeing as you have a 1995 too.
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Read through this thread for the ID of those three plugs, fogs, rear wiper/washer and heated rear glass on the hard top.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/u...ation-1542635/

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
austinphe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i found the wiring for the fog lights in the thread you posted, i tried to test it by bridging the prongs but that didn't work.. i think a plug is necessary. thanks for the reply!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.