Does anyone sell bolt in axles for YJ front? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Does anyone sell bolt in axles for YJ front?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Mark_ZZ3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone sell bolt in axles for YJ front?

Looking to upgrade my YJ's D30. Wondering if anyone still sells a bolt in upgrade as I don't have time to make something work.

Lots of TJ and JK upgrades. But can't find any YJ stuff listed.

Looking for something to handle 37's. D44 or D60 stuff. I want manual hubs, high steer setup, high pinion, larger disc brakes and stock width. May as well do it once!

Currie looks like they can do a custom setup.

Dynatrac has nothing.

Anyone know of anything else?

Mark.

Mark_ZZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

4WD has their G2 axles they are based off of dynatrac designs but not as pricey I know they have YJ specfic axles starting around 2300
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Currie makes a good product. They also have the Hybrid 9" ford combos as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

any company that makes and sells axles will make you bolt in assemblies for whatever you want. Just show them the $$... cause its going to cost you WAY more than they should.
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow Me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

They're advertised in 4wheelparts and quadratec but if I were you, I wouldn't waste the money. Sticker price is up front but the shipping to Canada will kill you! Look locally, you'll not only save a lot of money on shipping charges but you can build a good relationship with the shop around the corner.

I know that I'm telling you NOT to feed money into our starved economy but you'll thank yourself for saving a few monies.

Anti
Can-ada
Man
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Anti
Can-ada
Man
I always wondered what you had against cans
I guess that makes more sence.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

And here I thought he was one of those guys that brained can collectors on the side of the road with whatever was available to throw out the window. Pashaw.

Quote:
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Mark_ZZ3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They're advertised in 4wheelparts and quadratec but if I were you, I wouldn't waste the money. Sticker price is up front but the shipping to Canada will kill you! Look locally, you'll not only save a lot of money on shipping charges but you can build a good relationship with the shop around the corner.

I know that I'm telling you NOT to feed money into our starved economy but you'll thank yourself for saving a few monies.

Anti
Can-ada
Man
you have a good point. I'll check and see what donors I can find locally. A Ford HP 60 would be a good starting point. Narrow the axles to something "standard" which can be sourced rather than custom made. I'd get big brakes, manual hubs, and pretty much indestructable for my rig.

... I'd need more HP just to move that much more weight! LOL.

Too bad the D30 is so so small.

Mark.
Mark_ZZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #9
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_ZZ3

you have a good point. I'll check and see what donors I can find locally. A Ford HP 60 would be a good starting point. Narrow the axles to something "standard" which can be sourced rather than custom made. I'd get big brakes, manual hubs, and pretty much indestructable for my rig.

... I'd need more HP just to move that much more weight! LOL.

Too bad the D30 is so so small.

Mark.
I just built a ford hp 60. Turned a bin of parts and a housing into a wheelable front. I think I have 2.2k into it. Stock shafts, mismatched lock outs, cheepo spartan, favor ($100) regear, cheep r & p, and hours of work. So I saved money and have an ok front axle.

If I went with yukon gears, chromos, slugs, detroit, reid knuckles, nice high steer, 35 spline outers, etc.... would be in another 3k. Sooooo. I will be mail ordering my next axles will all the goodies. Save time and cost is comparable.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.