does anyone have pics or diagrams of 4wd vaccume lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > does anyone have pics or diagrams of 4wd vaccume lines

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
rolledthatho

does anyone have pics or diagrams of 4wd vaccume lines

i just bought my jeep, i havent messed with the vaccume lines however, my 4wd has gotten very hard to engauge and disengauge, and i see a few empty vaccume hoses around in my engine bay....

just wondering if anyone had any pics or diagrams of which hoses that have anything to do with the 4wd also where and how can i check the fluid for all that

rolledthatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
ajnoor4

Underneath your hood should be a vacuum diagram. They also have one in the Haynes Manual. Not the greatest for the 4wheel drive though. For your transfer case you will see 2 plugs. The lower is the drain and the upper is the fill. Remove the upper (who ever checked mine before I bought my jeep must have put it on with an impact gun!!!) and the fluid should be at the top of the hole (if it drips out a little thats fine) If not add some tranny fluid. With the diffs it's the same thing (just make sure you use gear oil). Use a 3/8" drive ratchet to remove the plugs.
ajnoor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
Fenix85182
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, the fact that it's shifting into 4x4 should eliminate the vaccuum lines. I'm fairly certain that's a hit or miss.

I hate adding fluid to my transfer case, though I should again because the rear seal is shot and it leaks all over the place. I think the fill plug is some crazy socket size, some like 1 1/16". I never can get it right the first time.
Fenix85182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
naviathan

30mm actually

The easiest way I've found is to use a gear oil top (you know the pointy one) on the end of a bottle of ATF. Yes it does fit even though it doesn't look like it.
Unread 01-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
ODJeep
1985 CJ7 

If you PM me with an e-mail address I can send you a good vac. diagram of the 4wd system.
ODJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
wranglerkid16

send it to me too, lol, joek4784@yahoo.com
wranglerkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
rolledthatho

hey odd jeep, that would be awesome!

rolledthatho@hotmail.com
rolledthatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #8
CrushJeep

yeah send it to me too if anyone above has it... crush.mark@gmail.com
CrushJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.