does anybody know if the Jeep Liberty 2.8 Diesel Engine would swap into the yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > does anybody know if the Jeep Liberty 2.8 Diesel Engine would swap into the yj

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Natedogg0669

does anybody know if the Jeep Liberty 2.8 Diesel Engine would swap into the yj

ive been interested in the diesels and i was wondering if anyone has done the liberty swap or if its even possible

Natedogg0669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Natedogg0669

i found a link of that engine put into a tj check it out.. it also has the viper engine swap that i seen some people looking for

http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/Articles/05_11_08.aspx
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
Weekender1969
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg0669
ive been interested in the diesels and i was wondering if anyone has done the liberty swap or if its even possible
Well, with a cutting torch, welder, and skill, you could put in anything you want .

Will it bolt in? Probably not, but I will bet a large amount of money someone HAS done it, and someone else made it WORK.
Weekender1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
Natedogg0669

i read up on that engine a lil bit and the reviews said its not that loud of a diesel, barely smokes, and you can barely smell the diesel fumes.... and for someone that loves the top down thats a big plus for me

Last edited by Natedogg0669; 05-02-2007 at 09:48 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.