Do you have to run a cast iron fork with the Posi-Lok?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Do you have to run a cast iron fork with the Posi-Lok??

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
condoor

Do you have to run a cast iron fork with the Posi-Lok??

I am running a posi-lok on an axle that I just put under my jeep and it looks like I need to replace the shift fork (lots of slop), and was wondering if I really should spring for the cast iron fork or if people are running their aluminum forks without prob.

thx

condoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
socko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

When I installed a Posi-lok I went ahead and switched over to the iron fork because I never had much luck with that aluminum fork. It was always bending and cracking. And this cast iron fork seems MUCH stronger, I dont think I could break it if I tried. But I am not sure if it requires a change, I just dont trust the aluminum.
socko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socko
When I installed a Posi-lok I went ahead and switched over to the iron fork because I never had much luck with that aluminum fork. It was always bending and cracking. And this cast iron fork seems MUCH stronger, I dont think I could break it if I tried. But I am not sure if it requires a change, I just dont trust the aluminum.
been running my alum replacement for about 5 months now. no problems. the original lasted 200K+ miles. the posi isn't going make it wear any faster. definitely replace it with something though either way. i didn't when i should have and ended up having to do it in the winter when i needed 4wd

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #4
socko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal02
been running my alum replacement for about 5 months now. no problems. the original lasted 200K+ miles. the posi isn't going make it wear any faster. definitely replace it with something though either way. i didn't when i should have and ended up having to do it in the winter when i needed 4wd
I guess maybe I was just having bad luck
oh well, everything is going fine now.
socko is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.