Ditching RC, want to order OME 36R - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ditching RC, want to order OME 36R

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ditching RC, want to order OME 36R

Hello all. Going to ditch my RC 4" springs and get some OME 36R springs for all four corners. My 4"RC springs really only ever gave me 3 1/2" of lift anyway, so I don't think I'll miss the half inch of clearance for a better ride.

I'd like to swap the springs in one afternoon without having to wait for other parts, so I have a few questions.

I have 5/8" MORE shackles with greasable bushings. They are fine for OME springs, correct?

Do I HAVE to buy new bushings, or can I get away with using the old ones?
(I know some of you might say just get new bushings anyway, but I'm remodeling my home so I'd like to keep my budget right around $425 just for the springs, know what I mean? The current bushings have only been on my Jeep for almost three years and have seen less than 10K miles. Plus I'm not reselling my old RC springs.... giving them to a buddy who needs a junk set for his rig.)

Second question is that I have the RC 4" lift gas shocks on the Jeep. Pretty sure I don't even need to ask, but just checking.... they will be fine to leave on, correct?

Thanks in advance.

You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

pretty sure OME takes their bushings for the spring eye. I know my BDS did.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Get the OME bushings. They're not very expensive and they'll pop right in. Your friend will appreciate getting your junk springs with bushings in them.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ Ok Rproject.... figured everyone would say that anyway. As long as the bushings are fine working with the MORE shackles. Thx
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just put the ome rears all around on. They come with the main eye bushing. As far as your old bushings go. I'd just look them over and make a call as to get new ones or not. If they look shot then buy new. The 10k miles wouldn't bother me but the 3 years of being exposed to the weather would(as far as checking them out).

Here's a before of the rear. Stock saggy springs with 2" lift shackles. Tire pressure is normal.

Here's an after with the ome spring, 1" boom shackle and that tire really really low on air.
4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #6
rivrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

4x4jb, was there a noticable ride improvement with the OME springs?
rivrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes big time. But I went from stock saggy springs that were almost inverted. A 2" shackle lift and stock shocks that were horribly worn out it wasn't funny. To new ome springs, 1" shackle lift, brand new sky jacker shocks. I haven't drove much since the lift though. I recommend the ome springs big time. They give more then the 2.5" lift also. Any questions hit me up or Sparrows He just did the same and he has drove and wheeled his rig way more since the install.
4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
BuffaWrangler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just installed OME 36Rs...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/a...t-kit-1489830/
BuffaWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You'll like the ARB springs a lot more than the rough country. The flex is great and the ride is smooth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.