Distributor issues ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Distributor issues ...

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
95yj0645
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Distributor issues ...

I just finished my 2.5 to 4.6 stroker swap using the existing harness .. Got it to fire on it's own for about 20 seconds then it wouldn't start and is way out of time. The dizzy actually wobbles while it's cranking. I got to cross referencing part numbers and I bought a 1995 wrangler distributor because the computer is a 1995. I just found out that the dizzy for a 1993 is different and that is what block I have from a 1993 Cherokee. What distributor do I need?

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The drive gear is the same. Get the entire assembly with the pickup sensor installed for about 90.00 or so. The bottom line is it doesn't matter which one as long as it is for the right size engine.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.