distributor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > distributor

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
jeep16
1990 YJ Wrangler 

distributor

what distributor should i run with my nutter bypass? any experience/stories? thanks

jeep16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Jax89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep16
what distributor should i run with my nutter bypass? any experience/stories? thanks
A CRT HEI setup is the best IMO. By installing the HEI you will complete both the nutter and upgrade your ignition all in one step.
Jax89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax89Jeeper View Post
A CRT HEI setup is the best IMO. By installing the HEI you will complete both the nutter and upgrade your ignition all in one step.
What he said!
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah you have two choices really. Go with a one wire GM style HEI or revert back to an old point style distributor. When you do the Nutter you are essentially going back to the pre HEI days but still have the ICM and a newer style distributor that has different advance curves. You can change the curves by adjusting the advance weights. Do more searching here for procedures.
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.