Different headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Different headlights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #1
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Different headlights

I am looking at doing a headlight conversion. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of these headlights or have any experience with them. I know they look import racer but I am willing to overlook some of the cosmetics if they perform well. http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-...Jeep-Wrangler/

jsd1991yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I like the way those look and that's a pretty good price for them considering the Sylvania Silver Stars are about $25 ea. Why are you looking at new lights might I ask? If you are looking for something with a better quality or brighter light take a look at this thread first.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...rence-1399040/

If you upgrade your lights w/o upgrading the stock wiring, then you probably won't get the results you're looking for. I would still look into getting those lights as they are pretty freaking awesome but look into upgrading the wiring and adding relays as well so that you get the best performance out of the new lights. If/when you do get those lights post up with some pics b/c I think I'm going to add them to my Christmas wish list... now to decide what color.....
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Kuntryboy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yea I have read about the wiring upgrade and I will probably end up doing that at the same time. I am looking at converting my lights because im not a fan of the sealed headlights and I like the options of the replaceable bulbs of the H4s. Im just wondering if the price is to good to be true. Im curious how durable/ dependable/ effective these housings will be.
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
czjeeper
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I did the Hella H4 conversion and highly recommend it.
Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Late morning bump
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
metalry101

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czjeeper View Post
I'm running the IPF housings and bulbs and would recommend them as well. The nice sharp cutoff is far better than the crappy stock sealed beam nonsense, and the light output is better too.

Utah Jeepcrew #26
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Ciamonkey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I second this, just did this tonight and they are awesome. They come with a big rubber grommet to seal the elements out of the bulb housing. Not to mention being able to buy conventional bulbs and not the sealed lamps allows you to get silver stars, which is what I will be putting in when I get paid.
Ciamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I agree the replaceable bulbs will work a lot better. I was wondering if anyone has had personal experience with the headlight housing in the link I posted above.
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
Abner_Ravenwood
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I did the Delta upgrade. Love them! I did have to replace my switch under the dash and the connectors behind the bulbs. But they are alot brighter now. Almost like HIDs.

Chris

Abner Ravenwood------#202 WJC Member
Abner_Ravenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
yotefever
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
X2 I did mine three years ago and love them. Big improvement. Now I have to do the wiring upgrade and look forward to even more light.
I also added some Hella fog lites to fill in the sides of the roads/trails. I am very happy with Hella.
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I used the rampage housing with Sylvania ultra bulbs. Huge differance.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Lets get one thing out here in the open right off the bat.

Those are NOT projector headlamps, they don't even have a projector built into them. All you are seeing there is a reflector with a fancy lens positioned directly in front of the bulb. They are regular reflector headlamps, EXCEPT, instead of a precision designed reflector, you have a reflector that scatters the light everywhere, ontop of sending light through a crappy "projector" lens- you won't be seeing anything on the road, and forget about being courteous to other drivers. A real, genuine projector setup you will have to retrofit into a standard sealed beam conversion housing, which can cost you several hundred dollars, if not more.

If you want to put real, genuine projectors into your Jeep, then IO suggest you do a little bit of research before buying into the whole ricer crap that's cheaply available.

Otherwise, consider upgrading to relays for your headlamps, much better distribution of power. And if that's not enough light, consider adding in a couple of driving lamps for your high beams. All 50 states allow for up to 4 individual lamps on your vehicle for night time driving, so it's perfectly legal.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
rebelone50
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I did the Hella upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I am very happy with them. I will be adding the Hella driving lights later.

“We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” – Winston Churchill
rebelone50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What all is done is the hella headlight conversion?
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #15
Ciamonkey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Take out the old ones put in the new ones basically with holes in the back so you can fit H4 bulbs nothing crazy. Very simple and a vast improvement in beam projection. Also very courteous beam projection as well.
Ciamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.