diesel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > diesel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Mattias25
1991 YJ Wrangler 

diesel

does 4bt fit into the jeep or does the 3.3bt fit into it? im kinda confused about the situation

Mattias25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

4bt is (to my knowledge) the most popular diesel swap

3.3 is the industrial engine, right (like generators, loaders, etc)... less common, but I seem to recall at least one on the forum posting about that swap

heck, with enough fabrication (and time, skill and money) you could also put in a 6bt, but that is a bit of a stretch on what can be done... there are only a small handful (one recently here) who have done a 6
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Mattias25
1991 YJ Wrangler 

6bt is too heavy I think plus you would have to do some cutting of the bulkhead lol well I'm trying to figure out the 4bt route like Vac/power steering issue

Sent from my toilet using JeepForum
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

a guy just did a 6bt last month. i don;t think he cut the firewall or anything
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
Mattias25
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Lol well that's awesome 6bt are easier to get than 4bt

Sent from my toilet using JeepForum
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
VenomousMaximus
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If i had the money 4BT all the way! 4BT's mainly came in the big box trucks you can try junk & salvage yards. I've seen them on Craigslist for like a $1,000 running.

Lots of info here....

http://jdjeeps.com/
VenomousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

4BT all the way, in my opinion, you will always get mixed opinions on this subject, but I love mine!

Ask me about my 4BT Cummins Motor Mounts!!
youngjeeper11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.