Diamond plate for front fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Diamond plate for front fenders

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
s89bunton

Diamond plate for front fenders

I'm looking for some diamond plate that will cover both my front fenders. I've only been able to find pieces that cover the top. I've got some rust id like to hide(see picture). Any suggestions would help

image-1365937871.jpg  
s89bunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

No such thing... You can have them custom made or simply replace the fenders.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Made my own. Go buy a sheet of diamond plate at the local metal shop. Get some cardboard and make a few templates. Then after you have the perfect template, trace it on the diamond plate then cut with a jig saw. I rounded the edges with a grinder. Drilled holes in plates and fenders and used stainless metal screws.

Nice.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
s89bunton

That sounds pretty easy. Can you post some pictures? Thanks for the reply!
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

don't cover it up, fix it!
have you seen what happens to rockers if you don't seal them when you add rock slides? they rot in a short amount of time....
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
don't cover it up, fix it!
have you seen what happens to rockers if you don't seal them when you add rock slides? they rot in a short amount of time....
Exactly... Just replace the fender. Much easier and longer lasting.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

diamond plate, to ME, just looks like fancy duct tape. Take the fenders off, sand em down, and rattle can them white. If they have huge holes, look for used fenders on Craigslist. I see them very often.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah my homemade covers are on the top if the fenders. Where I pile up all the tools when under the hood. I wouldn't just cover side fender rust either. Grind, prime then paint the spots.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #9
s89bunton

I thought about sanding it then hitting it with primer then putting the diamond plate over it. I understand it would be counter productive to just simply cover it up. I planned on doing at least some prep. I have been keeping my eye out for some cheap fenders on CL. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.