Diamond Plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Diamond Plate

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-21-2002, 11:37 AM   #1
90maineYJ

Diamond Plate

I am looking for a seller/fabricator that can provide diamond plate corners that wrap around and continue forward up the entire side of the body. I would also settle for ones that transitioned into rocker panels and stoped. Any ideas?

90maineYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 12:09 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Is there a specific reason why you want the diamond plate? Is it to cover damage? Is it for looks? Is it for protection?

The reason I ask is because the diamond plating doesn't do much for your vehicle as far as protection goes. Avalanche Engineering has some corner guards that are designed to take a sledgehammer hit and not show the damage .. but they are not diamond plate .. they are smoothies for use on the big-rocks.

Damage covering is worse than fixing it right. There would endup being places for the dirt, water and such to work their way in, and cause some ugly amounts of rust and further damage to the point that you would end up needing to replace the tub with something from JP OffRoad in Spokane (or something similar .. fiberglass, aluminum, kevlar, etc) ..

Hope this helps a bit ..
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.