Determining engine/ trans angle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Determining engine/ trans angle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
beemerkid
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Determining engine/ trans angle

I'm putting a 4.8 l Chevy vortec and 4 l60e in my yj. I'm thinking I want to do a custom fab cross member for the transmission mount. Even if I don't and re use the factory skid plate with some mods, what sort of angle should I be going for? Keep it sort of the same as stock or drop it down a little to account for the lift. I've got an sye on the 231btw. Opinions?

beemerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

In mounting a different motor, watch for hood clearance. I wanted my motor up a bit to help with the oil pan not hitting rocks. I ended up the the top of the motor 0" from the hood, the OEM TB hat actually scuffed the hood inside a bit. I later had to swap out the frame, so I mounted the motor 1/2" lower. Since you have an SYE you can tuck the tail a bit higher, or leave it stock, but I wouldn't go nuts with it. I think the super tummy tuck thing is over rated.
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
5.7YJ

1987 YJ Wrangler 

From what I remember, it is 3 degrees.

My brake boster/master cylinder upgrade: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...grade-1287758/
5.7YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.