Deepwoods INC. Hard Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Deepwoods INC. Hard Top

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
evercoleman
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Deepwoods INC. Hard Top

I got this hard top with my yj and I don't believe its ever been mounted on this jeep. I cant find any information on this manufacture. It has a sticker on the inside of the rear glass that says Deepwoods Inc. Will i need the rubber pieces for the corners of the windshield and my upper door which matches the top doesnt seem to line up right at all. they are fiberglass uppers with slider windows

evercoleman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Take a pic. Someone might have something similar and not know the brand name.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
evercoleman
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Can someone help me please identify this hard top, I believe it was made for a cj-7. The rear glas has a long piano hinge across the top instead of the two seperate hinges. Also on the sticker inside the lift gate it says it was made by deepwoods inc. in Oneida TN. I cant find any info on this company. I was also wondering how i should attach it to the windshielf frame and if I need the rubber corner seals?>??? Any help would be greatly appreciated
evercoleman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
50rck
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It almost looks like a JCWhitney top I had for mine when I was in college. I sold the top with another Jeep and kept the old CJ top I had. But that is similar to it. Does the back window have two latches? One on either side? I ask because the CJ factory top I kept had one handle in the middle, that operated the two latches on either side, but the JCWhitney top had a handle on either side. If that makes sense

2006 Jeep Liberty. Nothing special, all stock.
50rck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I did a quick Google search and a Mulch company in VA pops up with that name. A business directory in Oneida, TN had this:

deepwoods inc. - deepwoodsinc.com - oneida, TN Business

I think one of the PO's may have worked for this company and slapped the sticker on the glass. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual top.

Or maybe it was a company that did manufacture Jeep hard tops and has since went out of business, so these guys took the name. Highly unlikely, but I guess it's possible .

Can you snap a picture of that rear hinge for the lift gate? I would like to see that. The only ones I have ever seen have had the two hinges on either side.
southbound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The corners should be really close to factory so, I'd just order up a set of those seals. For mounting the top I'd suggest one of these... Kwick Kit
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've always thought the Kwik kits were a bit over priced. You can pick up those latches at most hardware stores for a few bucks a piece. I found a couple a few weeks back when I was thinking of going with that method of attaching the hardtop to the windshield. It would save you some cash to spend on those corner seals (which usually run a little over $10 a piece).
southbound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
cwjeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

that looks exacly like my acme top.
cwjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
cwjeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

it is cj-7 top
cwjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It might have been made for a Cj7 but it's not an original Cj7 top thats for sure.

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
Mazdarx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
lileuroimport
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Deep Wood Jeep tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
I did a quick Google search and a Mulch company in VA pops up with that name. A business directory in Oneida, TN had this:

deepwoods inc. - deepwoodsinc.com - oneida, TN Business

I think one of the PO's may have worked for this company and slapped the sticker on the glass. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual top.

Or maybe it was a company that did manufacture Jeep hard tops and has since went out of business, so these guys took the name. Highly unlikely, but I guess it's possible .

Can you snap a picture of that rear hinge for the lift gate? I would like to see that. The only ones I have ever seen have had the two hinges on either side.

Deep Woods was in Oneida TN and was a small company that made jeep , suzuki, tracker Tops, doors etc back in the mid to late 90s. There was also another company called Fleet air and Creative Glass Works also in Oneida at the same time making all kinds of Fiberglass parts for all kinds of Cars, trucks etc.

Im located about 40 miles from Oneida and trade on Jeep wrangler , Land Rover Discovery and other Rare and Classic European Imports . 931-349-4480
lileuroimport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #12
nibgoyar

deepwoods jeep top

I used to work for the company they are located in onida tn or Winfield tn owners name is or was larry waters hope that helps.
nibgoyar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.