Deep auto trans pan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Deep auto trans pan

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
Robbypfd

Deep auto trans pan

Last year I moved the vent up on the trans and this year I was thinking about putting a deep pan on it. I have a TJ exhaust pipe on it so I dont have to worry about that going under the pan and there is enough room for one between the trans and the skidrow skid plate. I see lots for the newer TJs, but none for YJs. I have a 93 with the 4.0

Thanks for any help
Rob

Robbypfd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I think your money would be better spent on a trans fluid cooler.
My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
I8AHUMR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I did this mod. The 32rh/999 pan for a tj is the same as for the yj. I got mine from summit.

The 32rh/999/904 all have the same pan

05 WK, 5.7 Hemi, Quadra-Drive II
I8AHUMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Robbypfd

Thanks for the reply. I already have a trans cooler and the trans vent relocated so it up to the underside of the hood, but I wanted a deep pan for extra fluid when going up steep inclines. I will check into one the from summit.

Thanks again
Rob
Robbypfd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
DZINE
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbypfd View Post
Thanks for the reply. I already have a trans cooler and the trans vent relocated so it up to the underside of the hood, but I wanted a deep pan for extra fluid when going up steep inclines. I will check into one the from summit.

Thanks again
Rob
if your still looking for a AW4 deep trans pan, ( yourcovers.com ) has had multiple request for them but sais due to the dipstick being part of the pan it makes it difficult/ and expensive to construct a deep pan. They do say if they receive 50 or more requests for AW4 deep pans they will make them, curently they have 10.
So get the word out lol
DZINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #6
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you want to save a few greenbacks, you can get a pan off a 42Re trans used in zjs , Dakota trucks, and some full sized vans, it's about 2 inches deeper and has the same bolt pattern. Pretty easy to find at the junk yards.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

Just don't forget to get the longer tubed filter guys, some people do really need to be told that.. SMH.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.