December YJOTM Vote Now!!! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > December YJOTM Vote Now!!!

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

View Poll Results: December YJOTM
Grandboost98 1 0.83%
Zte87 14 11.57%
Gunshw301 4 3.31%
Kuntryboy816 1 0.83%
Yjtyler 2 1.65%
mrjones 1 0.83%
JeepGuy83 23 19.01%
Carlos14 10 8.26%
dillonjm 22 18.18%
LilViper95 41 33.88%
Jeep_Nut1218 1 0.83%
AZdevilYJ 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #91
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
I didt vote for my self.......just saying!
I didn't in the October contest either. A little vain if you ask me...

Unread 12-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #92
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac4511 View Post
could you please specify the rule that was violated then? I've read them a couple of times now since we started this discussion and everything seems to beat legitimate.
Quote:
No soliciting votes from within JF or outside JF

No promotion within this thread will be permitted via more pictures or descriptions. We have PMs please use them
These^^
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #93
meangreeny
1992 YJ Wrangler 

voting for a fellow aw4 tranny guy
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #94
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Lets get some things straight here...I entered this contest to show off my rig because I am proud of what I built....not to get involved in a high school type bickering competition.
I really don't care enough about winning to want to put up with accusations and name calling. I never once posted on jf or any other web forum asking for votes. Someone who I do not know or share any club affiliations with voted for me and wished me luck in my build thread, I suspect that may be where some attention came from.

I am a grown man with a family. I have a lot more important issues to worry about than whether I get jeep of the month. So please do me a favor, either remove me from the contest completely or remove/dont count any votes you feel are suspect. To me jeeps are a fun hobby, the negativity in this contest is not fun...

I have said before, and will again, there are a lot of nice rigs in this contest and on this forum in general. They all deserve to be recognized for the hard work and money put into them. I love my jeep and have been building jeeps for over 17years, but in the end it is simply a toy and there are a lot more important things to me than my jeep or this contest.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
My Rusty Wrangler Project
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #95
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilViper95
Lets get some things straight here...I entered this contest to show off my rig because I am proud of what I built....not to get involved in a high school type bickering competition.
I really don't care enough about winning to want to put up with accusations and name calling. I never once posted on jf or any other web forum asking for votes. Someone who I do not know or share any club affiliations with voted for me and wished me luck in my build thread, I suspect that may be where some attention came from.

I am a grown man with a family. I have a lot more important issues to worry about than whether I get jeep of the month. So please do me a favor, either remove me from the contest completely or remove/dont count any votes you feel are suspect. To me jeeps are a fun hobby, the negativity in this contest is not fun...

I have said before, and will again, there are a lot of nice rigs in this contest and on this forum in general. They all deserve to be recognized for the hard work and money put into them. I love my jeep and have been building jeeps for over 17years, but in the end it is simply a toy and there are a lot more important things to me than my jeep or this contest.
Well said, I completely agree. Let the cards fall where they may, we don't need in fighting. Not worth it.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #96
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thats obviously your choice to not vote for yourself, but you put your rig into the contest because of what reason? Because you think it's a great looking rig (i think 99% would think this I hope, its your Jeep after all) so even if you don't vote for your own rig it's still vain because you put you Jeep into the contest! haha. Anyways, glad to see the voting is still going on, soliciting to me means the actual participant is asking people to vote for his/her rig, therefore what his buddies do is of no consequence to him. BTW zte87 I really like your rig as well def. a very close 2nd IMHO, love the treads.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #97
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
It's not set up to be a popularity contest to invite your friends over so you can win. You don't see guys from my club voting for me do you?
Is your jeep in this contest?

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #98
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I will never be entering again. I will take my part in YJOTY and be done. Its sad that its come down to this. I voted for You Lilviper, You deserve it. And when YJOTY comes around I will vote for who I think has the best rig. Good luck and good day Sir !

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #99
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilViper95 View Post
Is your jeep in this contest?
Yeah it's under jeepguy83.
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #100
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats cool too.
To be honest I knew that was you and thought, hey, this guys running the show so it would be nice to vote for him so he wins and get someting for a job well done.
But I didnt !
Its difficult for you guys to be incogneto because you need a certian post count to enter.
I wonder who voted for you because its you

Unread 12-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #101
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Thats cool too.
To be honest I knew that was you and thought, hey, this guys running the show so it would be nice to vote for him so he wins and get someting for a job well done.
But I didnt !
Its difficult for you guys to be incogneto because you need a certian post count to enter.
I wonder who voted for you because its you
I wanted to be incognito strictly because I didn't want it to be a popularity contest. When MrJones didn't have the post count to enter, it was decided that since he was a veteran that we could forego that element for just this month if I got a dd214 sent to me as proof. Well as it turns out, jeepguy83 is also a veteran so I entered without the proper post count under that name. I didn't want to deceive anyone, I just wanted to throw my name in the hat because I thought it would be fun to see my jeep side by side with all the amazing ones that enter every month. I don't want to win and I don't need a prize or recognition. I told one person about me entering and he didn't know about the name change until he saw my jeep.

The reason I get upset about the rules being followed is because of what happened in the past. Once this year and once last year there was foul play and one was all out cheating by creating names strictly for votes. I implemented the post count entry rule so folks could feel a part of the Yj section and pay their proverbial dues within the board. It was one of the rules when I took over the contest and I just modified it.

There have been three incarnations of this contest to date because folks want to rock the boat in one form or another. If someone wants to take over the contest, please do so.
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #102
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Nice rig!

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
Unread 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #103
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

I wanted to be incognito strictly because I didn't want it to be a popularity contest. I didn't want to deceive anyone, I just wanted to throw my name in the hat because I thought it would be fun to see my jeep side by side with all the amazing ones that enter every month.

I implemented the post count entry rule so folks could feel a part of the Yj section and pay their proverbial dues within the board. It was one of the rules when I took over the contest and I just modified it.

If someone wants to take over the contest, please do so.
...much respect for doing so! It shows that you didn't enter just to win! I am of the same mind. I didn't enter to win a prize. Even though my YJ isn't as built as some other hardcore offroaders I felt a certain amount of pride and accomplishment that I could stand up there with them an show off the work I've put into my baby!

...good rule! The main point I think people are missing us that you want contestants in this to be a contributing factor to JF not just $$'ly but also helping out our fellow Jeepers with issues or ideas for their Jeeps as well. If you really don't contribute to the Forum and all of a sudden you show up to vote for a buddy to help him win a contest (even if unsolicited) then it's kinda unfair to the ones who contribute regularly here. Please don't take that as a "Get lost, we don't need you!" We would just appreciate that you contribute some of your expertise here instead of the 1 or 2 posts to vote for a friend in a contest.

...@Anticanman: thanks for having the patience to run this little contest of ours. I think that you do a great job. Maybe the "prizes" as nice as they are should be removed from the contest. Just a thought, the offer to win a prize may spur more participation but if we were only competing for a bit of bragging rights then maybe the participation would decrease but I would bet people would be less "touchy" regarding voting.
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Unread 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #104
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wanted to be incognito strictly because I didn't want it to be a popularity contest. When MrJones didn't have the post count to enter, it was decided that since he was a veteran that we could forego that element for just this month if I got a dd214 sent to me as proof. Well as it turns out, jeepguy83 is also a veteran so I entered without the proper post count under that name. I didn't want to deceive anyone, I just wanted to throw my name in the hat because I thought it would be fun to see my jeep side by side with all the amazing ones that enter every month. I don't want to win and I don't need a prize or recognition. I told one person about me entering and he didn't know about the name change until he saw my jeep.

The reason I get upset about the rules being followed is because of what happened in the past. Once this year and once last year there was foul play and one was all out cheating by creating names strictly for votes. I implemented the post count entry rule so folks could feel a part of the Yj section and pay their proverbial dues within the board. It was one of the rules when I took over the contest and I just modified it.

There have been three incarnations of this contest to date because folks want to rock the boat in one form or another. If someone wants to take over the contest, please do so.
My previous statement ment in no way anything bad about you or your rig. I hope it wasent taken that way

Unread 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #105
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I wasnt aware that there were prizes...i thought it was strictly bragging rights.

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
Closed Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.