Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tie breaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

December YJOTM shootout! (tie breaker!)

4K views 50 replies 39 participants last post by  Sparrows 
#1 ·
After a close race this month, it's come down to a three way shootout for the December YJOTM.

Go get 'em!

The rules:
YJOTM Voting and contest rules. READ THEM! said:
All nonsupporting members must post when you vote or it will not be counted. Paid members do not have to post when voting.

No soliciting votes from within JF or outside JF

No promotion within this thread will be permitted via more pictures or descriptions. We have PMs please use them

All voters will remain public as to promote self moderation

Self votes will not be allowed. We are jeepers and we help each other out. Don't be selfish or you'll see where it gets you.
Cheers

#2 ·
JeepAddOnsChris

1995 Jeep YJ 4.0, AX-15, NP231 w/SYE
106" wheelbase. 38" TSL bias tires on Mickey Thompson Classic IIs
Front Axle: HP D44 set up for coils, Full Spool, 5.13 Motive Gears, Ten Factory Axle Shafts, Warn Premium lockouts
Rear Axle: Ford 9 inch set up for SOA, Detroit, 5.13 Motive Gears, Ten Factory Axle Shafts, HMF Fabrication pinion guard, GM disc brake conversion.
Suspension Front: Forward stretch. Custom three link mid-arm front using HMF Fabrication builder parts, Currie Johnny Joints and Metal Cloak Duroflex joints. Metal Cloak 5.5" TJ springs in adjustable HMF Fab coil buckets. Rough Country N2.0 12.5" travel shocks.
Suspension Rear: XJ spring bastard pack stretch rear SOA. Bastard pack is setup with new Crown HD leafs and 20 year old salvage yard springs mounted to Genright rear crossmember brace and Ruff Stuff Way Back shackle hangers. Rough Country boom shackles and RC N2.0 12" travel shocks.
The Knick-knacks: Full custom cage. Hydro-assist steering with Steinjager heims and tapped into Astro box. Full armor rocker guards, corner guards, tube fenders and stinger bumper. Poison Spyder hood louver. Adam's and Tatton's driveshafts. Barnes 4WD Skid Plate, HMF Fabrication LED light bar mount with 12", 20" and 50" Engo LED light bars. Vision-X Tantrum rock lights. Cast Hi-Lift Jack mounted to cage. RCI fuel cell with HMF Fab mount. Teraflex oil pan skid. Viair Heavy Duty on board air system. Rampage soft top that hardly ever gets put on... usually running a Rampage mesh Island Topper. Highrock 4x4 tube doors with storage. There's lots of other stuff I'm sure I'm not remembering off the top of my head, but that should be most of the big stuff.

#3 ·
skyj

1990 Jeep wrangler
Engine:
4.2 w/ 4.0 head swap.( Soon to be MPI 5.2 V8)
MC 2100 carb
HEI distributor
AX15 recently rebuilt
NP231 with Advanced adapters SYE
E-350 Brake Master cylinder
Suspension:
Bastard pack saggy Grand Wagoneer springs for 2""of lift and 4""stretch
1"" shackle lift
Cut down 2"" body lift to 1.25""
Front axle:
Dana 30 4.56 gears
Lengthened front CV shaft out of XJ
XJ solid shafts
OTK tie rod flip with goferit inserts
Rear axle:
Ford 8.8 with detroit Locker
XJ CV shaft cut and balanced
4.56 gears
Tires and wheels:
35x15.5x15 Super Swamper TSL SX grooved for better traction on snow and ice mounted on15x10 American Racing aluminum wheels
33x12.5x15 BF Goodrich All-terrain TA my street tires mounted on 15x10 Ultras
Exterior:
Modified stock poly tank to accomodate a rear 3-4" stretch (aka dimple mod). Custom homemade front winch bumper, Warn 5687 winch, rear homemade 2x4 3/16" steel bumper with swing away, fiberglass front Flat fenders. stand-alone radiator support, CJ front clip
Interior:
high lift jack, custom homemade .50 cal ammo can center console with cup holders , pineapple grenade shifters, Grant Steering wheel, Front seats out of 99' TJ, middle row leather seat out of '07 suburban. Hybrid TJ/YJ cage.
Future Mods:
Full rear corner armor
Front/Rear tube fenders
I bought this jeep a little over 5 years ago and I have been slowly adding to it as time and money allow. I built this jeep to handle anything Montana terrain can throw at it and the occasional trip to Moab. When I was in high school my dad and I built a CJ5 from the ground up it was a great bonding experience for my Father and I.
Now I have this jeep to slowly build up with my three Sons. Almost every single bolt or piece of equipment has been rebuilt or assembled by me with help from my boys. From welding the custom bumpers, to the suspension, to the 4.0 head rebuild we've done it all.
We recently built a stand-alone radiator support to accommodate a cj front clip.I also installed a middle row leather seat out of a '07 suburban for a new back seat. now my kids can comfortably ride with me on those long trail rides.
This is why I Love the YJ its such a great platform for you to build your perfect jeep. Right now we are in the process of installing a 5.2L V8 out of a '93 grand cherokee, should start the tear down sometime around Christmas.
I know some of you are going to scoff and mock the cj clip, what can I say I Love it. I have incorporated so many parts form various jeeps into this build my jeep represents what every YJ owner should appreciate a truly home built rig.
I know this jeep inside and out and enjoy working on it. check out my build thread for more info.

#4 ·
AmbuGrl

- Canyon blue metallic, 3.5in BDS lift, 5/8 boomerang shackles, Rugged Ridge SYE, Hurst short throw shifter, factory lsd, 33x12.50x15 KM2s (in the pics she is wearing black rock wheels, but now she is sportin AMR Teflon coated aluminum wheels). She also has a Borla exhaust (header all the way back) back and Swag offroad tailgate mod. Interior has new seats, tuffy center console and rear box, sound bar and mountaineer rack.
- SoCal Jeep born and raised. My parents bought her new off the lot in January 92 (we have the original bill of sale, sticker and owners manual). They kept her pretty stock with the exception of smittybuilt tube steps and bumpers. We decided in 09 to fly to Cali and road trip her back to Va. Since 09 we have added all of the above mods and refreshed her original paint color.

#9 ·
lets see the TJ guys have so many awesome rigs that there has to be a tie breaker for the best of the month. now to decide who to vote fer.

#12 ·
I missed it the first round, I'm in and voted now... nice jeeps! :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Wow! I go and work in the garage on the v8 swap for a few hours and this happens... feel fortunate to be considered in this and the votes thus far. Now to go and vote!!

#20 ·
I have to humbly agree. I never imagined we would be much of a contender with such a 'modest' build in comparison to the others. I still have to decide as well lol

Thanks to everyone who has gotten us to this point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.