JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   December YJOTM entries being accepted now! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/december-yjotm-entries-being-accepted-now-1297544/)

Anticanman 12-05-2011 01:40 PM

December YJOTM entries being accepted now!

Alrighty, it may seem a little early but go ahead and get your entries in for December's YJOTM contest. I'm trying to leave room for the small vacation I'm taking and the holidays and YJ of the year contest as well this month so bear with me. Entries will be accepted until the 15th so take your time and put some finishing touches on your jeep before you enter. The poll will remain viewable to all who wish to see their votes cast so remember that. :wave:

The rules have not changed but they should be followed. Please. If you have questions about entering pictures please pm me and I will give you step by step instructions on how to not be disqualified. Here are the rules. Again.

You can enter your Wrangler YJ in the "YJ of the Month" (YJOM) contest by following the guidelines below. If you don't follow these guidelines, your entry will be rejected.

Submissions will be accepted beginning on the 15th of each month. On or near the 15th, a sticky announcing that submissions are being accepted and the email address you are to send the submission to. The latest you can submit your entry is anytime up until the contest begins which will usually be late on the 24th or sometime on the 25th of the month.

There will be a maximum of 10 entries selected for the contest. If yours is not selected, make sure it was submitted correctly and then feel free to try again the following month if you wish.

Anyone is welcome to submit an entry as long as it is an YJ. Because the winner will be the featured "YJ for the month", We will be selecting entries that are unique etc. Stock or lifted, does not matter. If you have good photographs its chances of getting in are much greater.

To submit your own jeep for the contest you would need to simply send:

1. Your JeepForum username (screen name)
2. List of specs and/or modifications (don't forget to include the year of your jeep) or a short paragraph describing what is special about your Jeep.
3. THREE pictures' [IMG] tags from the site on which it is hosted.
Do not email pictures, or send entries via PM to the mods. All entries should be sent to: yjofthemonth@yahoo.com

If entries do not meet the aforementioned criteria, they will not be considered. If you are chosen, YOU cannot submit a yj for 12 months.

Any questions, including a how-to on emailing [IMG] tags or how to set up a photobucket account or how to access and send pictures hosted on an image hosting site, please PM me...

-Anticanman

Anticanman 12-05-2011 01:49 PM

Also, one more thing, post here or send me a PM just in case the spam filter eats your entry...

94chb 12-05-2011 10:22 PM

im thinking of painting my jeep since nobody likes the purple camo :( and re-entering, am i allowed?
thinking of going all purple lol

Anticanman 12-05-2011 10:31 PM

As long as it is a YJ and you haven't won so far this year, heck yes! I would like to see all the former contestants enter this month and make it the best competition to date.

94chb 12-05-2011 10:40 PM

ok lol, ill get some better pics for this round. hope its something good again, i really wanted those metal cloak fenders.

we need to have a poor mans rotm lol

Clockwork_John 12-05-2011 10:42 PM

Maybe I'll take some pics of my rig and do a write up, just to make everybody else's jeeps look better.

Anticanman 12-05-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94chb (Post 12624188)
We need to have a poor mans yjotm lol

You're not the first person to suggest that. I have had some great suggestions along that line like splitting the competition from 33" tires and below and 35's and above. Unfortunately, when you air down your 31's to get on the trail there is usually someone with 35's or even 29's also airing down for the same trail. This is a competition amongst all yj's big and small. In my opinion I like to see clean stock jeeps over the monster rigs because it is a lot more satisfying to return something to stock because there is a goal that needs to be met. I know all too well that when modifying for the trails, the sky is the limit and at any point you can throw in the towel and just bedonee building. Not so much with the resto-rigs. The combination for me is more exciting because the same amount of work goes in just in a different application. It's still like comparing Golden Delicious to Fuji. Depends on how you see that statement..

ptwhaler 12-05-2011 10:56 PM

You have a purple jeep. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

94chb 12-05-2011 10:58 PM

lol im so poor my jeep is built together from walmart and ebay hahahaha i need to get some walmart and ebay stickers for my jeep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptwhaler (Post 12624250)

you just dont have the balls to rock it..... i do ;) its a chic magnet.

ptwhaler 12-05-2011 11:01 PM

I bet it is. Chics like the funny colors.

Clockwork_John 12-05-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptwhaler

rotfl. So? My jeep had a swastika on it when I bought it... What does that say about me? Lol.

94chb 12-05-2011 11:06 PM

i wouldn't care to rock a pink jeep im not the one insecure of my man hood :laugh:

ptwhaler 12-05-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork_John (Post 12624278)
rotfl. So? My jeep had a swastika on it when I bought it... What does that say about me? Lol.

It would say alot about you if you were the one who put it on there:D

As far as this months contest goes I won't be entering, again. I know it's been said on here before that my nearly stock jeep is just as worthy as some others but I want to do some of the simple things I have planned first.

That being said, I can't wait until I get my future mods done and see what everyone thinks. I have had 4 Arab guys in Landcruisers offer to buy my Jeep in the last 2 weeks. I guess it looks ok for a stock jeep;)

Anticanman 12-06-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94chb (Post 12624188)
ok lol, ill get some better pics for this round. hope its something good again, i really wanted those metal cloak fenders.

I just got confirmation that December's prize will be the same as November: $100 gift certificate for Metalcloak!:wolverine: At this rate I may have to enter. Thoughts?

grandboost98 12-06-2011 05:50 AM

im in! ill give it another shot:duhrock:

The time now is 11:12 AM.