Decel Valve on a YJ Auto - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Decel Valve on a YJ Auto

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 04-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Kman1983

1983 CJ5 

Decel Valve on a YJ Auto

Working on our '89 Lerado(258,TF999) looking for a vacuum leak and I discovered it has a Decel Valve on the engine. This is the 3rd or 4th engine in the Lerado from what I have been told by previous owners. I know this engine came from a manual tranny Jeep as I helped my wife put the engine in when I first met her. According to the diagram the Decel Valve should be plumbed into one of the pulse air lines but it wasn't it was just open and there was a hole in one of the hoses to it.Also according to this vacuum diagram the Decel Valve shouldn't be on a YJ with an automatic. Should I eliminate the Decel Valve?

Kman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.