Death wobble, sway bar??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Death wobble, sway bar???

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #31
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax89Jeeper View Post

I know the many differences.... You didn't get my point. -done with this.... Good luck to the OP.
Obviously you don't.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax89Jeeper View Post

I know the many differences.... You didn't get my point. -done with this.... Good luck to the OP.
Ss softens bump steer for example. If you have it though somethings not right. Steering and suspension are totally different.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #33
Matthew93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all of the posts, I'm looking at the ball joints and tie rod ends, taking it too get an alignment next week, hopefully will get rid of it by summertime! How difficult is it too change out the ball joints myself? I do also know that my SS is shot and that my tracbar bushings are shot as well, so I should probably add them too the to do list lol again thanks for all the help everyone
Matthew93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #34
YJ475
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looking at the first pic you posted, I'd start with toe in alignment. There's a gap about a mile wide on the nut holding the tie rod in place. I'd be willing to bet you're not aligned at all, based on that gap, and on the fact that the lock-thing (sorry to get all technical) is twisted about 15 degrees. Alignment is easy, and takes about a half hour if it's your first time.
YJ475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #35
ROTTEN
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Alignment is a good option but save yourself a headache and get all the components checked before getting an alignment.

Have you tried rotating your tires from front to rear?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.