Dealer installed 3" lift and 33" tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dealer installed 3" lift and 33" tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #1
wetsu

Dealer installed 3" lift and 33" tires

I didn't see this situation posted anywhere yet...

I recently got a 04 Wrangler X off the lot with a 3" lift and 33" wheels, along with some other miscellaneous accessories. The package lists for $4995. (I didn't pay that much for it...)

When i got it they assured me that it was done right and whatnot, but I forgot to ask them about the gearing until after I bought it. Of course they didn't know if it was changed, so they called the place they contracted to do the upgrades and they said that they don't change the gearing because it would cost too much.

I think the place was called Fortec out of Miami.

I'm almost positive I read my particular Jeep had 3.07s, which would be why it flys in reverse and 5th gear is basically unusable.

I think alot of people, maybe Chrysler too, would consider my Jeep unsafe just based on the fact that it goes so fast in reverse.

I wanted to know if anyone else got a Jeep with this package and if they also did not get the gearing changed like it should have been.

I'm going to contact Chrysler about it, (my concern is warranty issues that i might be forced into, and cost), but I was wondering if anyone else is in this situation and what the outcome was.

wetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This belongs in the TJ forum since you have a TJ. I don't really understand what you mean by unsafe because gearing has nothing to do with safety just driveability.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
wetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHavok797
This belongs in the TJ forum since you have a TJ. I don't really understand what you mean by unsafe because gearing has nothing to do with safety just driveability.
sorry i thought it was the TJ forum. i'll repost.
by unsafe i mean if an inexperienced driver were to backup in it, they might be surprised by how fast it takes off and hit something.
wetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
CanukYJ

Lol if someone actually ran into something because they had 3.07's instead of 4.10's then there is more something wrong with the driver than anything. Lol I would die if someone ever admitted to that.

1992 Red YJ. Lifted, locked, and loaded with beer (Disclaimer: This doesn't mean said driver endorses drinking and driving, please enjoy alcohol responsibly and do not operate any vehicle of any kind, thank you....)

Thanks to the price of gas here ($4.25 a gal) I just bought a mountain bike, 0" of lift, 0" of travel, MT's, locked rear axle, oh yeah, it's the sh#$.
CanukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.