dead horse question, upper sliders-soft top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > dead horse question, upper sliders-soft top?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
92fiddler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

dead horse question, upper sliders-soft top?

I know this has been brought up a gatrillion times- . I am in the position to purchase a super clean set of upper sliders really cheap( my soft uppers are held up by velcro and bungees- pretty sad). I searched here the other day for a couple hours about this and all I could find was that they wouldn't fit on the corners, I get that. My question has anyone filled in the corners, I'm thinking perhaps riviting some cut aluminum fillers? anybody have any experiance with this situation? Thanks

92fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
mrspradlin
2013 JK Wrangler 

uhhh
what are you trying to do?
are you looking at a set of sliders with rounded corners and you have square corners and are trying to fill that gap?
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yea, I don't know either.

You have: Hard top or soft top?

Are you looking for glass sliders for: Hard top or soft top?

They make glass slider soft uppers for soft tops, but only 1 company has made a soft upper half door for the factory hard top, and they are out of business.

Any other soft uppers you see for a hard top are for a bestop hard top.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
92fiddler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Exactly- I just want to fill in the corners, I don't take the top completly off (my 2 pale sons in back) so I was thinking I could fill the void by riviting in some pieces. I would just buy the sliders and sell them but the guy I am buying them from is a real nice guy and I feel like I would be screwing him- so I want to make them work.
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
92fiddler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry guys, I currently have a factory softtop, the sliders are for a hardtop. I don't know if they are stock or aftremarket, but are if super shape. I just got an A in English Comp- crazy huh, sorry I left out so many details.
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

If the sliders are made out of Fiberglass I don't think it would be too difficult to fabricate square corners for them. A $15 fiberglass repair kit available anywhere and some patience is all you need.

If you've never worked with glass before, do a little reading before you dive in.
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
92fiddler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I like the fiber corner idea, I am pretty sure I would ruin them though- I just want to fill in the corners on my top at the structural bracing for it. I wish I had the doors to look at and study to figure out if I can rig something up, but I have nothing to go off of. I don't even know if the will shut- HELP.
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
92fiddler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

sorry again- they are the fiberglass ones
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think if you look at a hard top you could match the curve of it and make up card board for a test fit. Then make up the filler. Since you are working with the back of the back part of the door you should not have any problem with it closing on the filler.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #10
92fiddler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I apprciate the help, wish me luck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.