de-wiring a yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > de-wiring a yj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Jenyus425
1993 YJ Wrangler 

de-wiring a yj

so i dont know what to do here, hoping someone can provide me with a little insight with wiring for my diesel swap.

my yj right now has a 4.0 but i want to pull the harness and computer so i can sell the 4.0 complete and get more money for it.

im planning on going to all autometer gauges anyways so, why not just tear out all the wiring and rewire? the diesel doesn't use any wiring except for the fuel shutoff.

i would really only need wiring for headlights, taillights, dashlights and lift pump in the back, right?

how hard is it to rewire all that? all those extra unused wires under the hood make it look bad too

Jenyus425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Its not difficult. I did a "Speedway Automotive" 20 circuit harness in mine. It is almost as good as a Painless with 1/3 the cost. All wires are labeled, color coded and comes with an easy to follow schematic. Makes for doing custom gauges/dash pretty easy. You can remove whatever wiring you don't need. I chose the 20 circuit for future expansion, but a 12 circuit will do you just fine. The harness includes everything for headlights, tail lights, blinkers, hazards, horn; all the basic requirements.

Good luck!
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey BuckWild does that include the Instrument panel harness too? That is a darn good price if it does. Do you have a link?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It didn't include a seperate harness for instruments. Look it up on www.speedwaymotors.com part number 910-64027 is what I used.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.