Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Daytime running lights(?) and another problem.

421 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cklobo 
#1 ·
I all. I'm new to the forum, and wrangler ownership, so please excuse the ignorance.
That said, is a 95 YJ supposed to have daytime running lights? Mine does, but it's strange. They turn on only when I put it in gear, (forward gears, not reverse) and are slightly dimmer than normal headlights. Doesn't seem to effect anything else, but have not seen any other YJs with the when driving by.
Also, I've posted before that I'm getting ready to take off the hard top for the summer, and when I was checking out the windshield brackets for putting mirrors on, noticed that the previous owner had bondoed over the bolts. I removed the BONDO, and cleaned out the bolts, but they are impossible to remove. I even stripped one, tried to drill it out to no avail, and have decided to try to modify the mirrors, possibly with new holes if necessary. Unless one of you veteran jeepsters knows of a way to remove these stripped bolts.
Also, in prepping the tub for bedliner , I noticed the tub was green. My YJ is black. The rear seat is green too. The exterior has all the markings of a black Sahara. Just found it odd.

One more thing. I've read some threads about difficulties replacing fuel pumps, and how they wish they'd cut a whole in the tub above it, to make things easier. I've thought about doing this now, while I've got the tub in the rear bare (no puns), but doing this blind could be worse than not doing it. Opinions?
Thanks for any help, or info.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.