Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Dash lights don't work

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Nielsen17 
#1 ·
I did search a bit but found nothing that really replicates my issue aside from poorly installed headunits.

I have no dash backlighting. All indicators (CEL, 4wd, blinkers) ect work fine. I have the stock headunit and I bought it from the Origional owner. My brake lights work fine, but my dash lights don't work at all. Anyone have an idea as to what it may be? I checked the bulbs and they all look A-ok. I figure since I didn't find it in a search its not common but doesn't hurt to ask.

-Alex

#5 ·
I'm sure you rolled the dimmer switch up already right? Not being a smart@$$ just sometimes we overlook the simple things. I know I have.LOL

#10 ·
Just a random suggestion, but on my YJ if you roll the dimmer to high it will kill interior lights. That happened to me and it took me 3 days to figure it out. Hope its an easy fix like that.

#14 ·
hmm. behind the light switch as in left of the steering wheel, because the only relay i have noticed was near the radio in the middle behind the dash. crap ill take a look in the morning tomorrow and see if i can find anotherone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.