Dash indicator lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dash indicator lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dash indicator lights

What dash lights should I have? When I turn the key the only lights I see are check engine, shift light(compass), seat belt. I have read others on here talking about a parking brake light which I would like to have. Lately I have been letting the Jeep not wanting to move remind me that the parking brake is on.

Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
jeepmech06791
1991 YJ Wrangler 

the switch for the parking brake has a small "arm" that hangs off of it, it may be broken off, causing your problem. I know thats whats wrong with mine, call up the stealership for the switch.
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did you check the bulb?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not yet, I am not looking forward to pulling the dash apart, my tach light is also burnt out.

Is the parking brake light the only one missing?
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
rrisher
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
Not yet, I am not looking forward to pulling the dash apart, my tach light is also burnt out.

Is the parking brake light the only one missing?

Well, most likely is a bulb then seeing if you have others out in the vicinity....
rrisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
bestos
1995 YJ Wrangler 

pulling dash for light replacement for TACH is cake! just need a phillips head. go for it!
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have not really looked at it. I am just slowly going through the Jeep fixing a bunch of minor things. Sucks that all the stuff I really want to work on is 3 hours away at my brother in-law's shop.
Unread 11-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

u have all those lights? heck.. i only have the blinker lights and that's it.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just got my dash put back together. I now have a parking brake, check engine, brights, turn signals, 4x4, maintenance required, shift, and seatbelt light. I also put the little light above my rear wiper and fog lights switches back so I can now see them at night. The tach now has new bulbs also. the dash piece also had check oil and anti-lock brake windows. I guess my Jeep does not have those features since there is no wiring to the spots the bulbs would go.

My turn signals have some very touchy connections. I had to wiggle the bulbs to get a decent delay on them blinking. The hazards blink great but the turn signals are a little slow but they are blinking. The right at one point only blinked once every thirty seconds. I have heard it is the connections on the circuit board that cause this. As long as they blink I am not going to touch them.

Being a Jeep as I fixed one issue I found others that need attention. The line connecting to the vent controls has broken the plastic post it goes on. I knew my vent never worked quite right but now I know why.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.