Dash Guage ?'s after Motorcraft Carb Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dash Guage ?'s after Motorcraft Carb Swap

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 05-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
The Buck

Dash Guage ?'s after Motorcraft Carb Swap

I just finished (for the most part) installing a motorcraft carb. Since we have no emissions testing in MI I have pretty much bypassed everything, just have vacuum going to the carb and that's about it (no egr, charcoal canister, etc). However, I have a few dash guage issues.

First, the engine temp guage no longer works. I have circled in this picture what I think is the sensor is or is it the green wire that I pointed to with an arrow?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2106225040

shown circled in the other picture.

Also, my oil guage before and after the swap read really really high (maxed out). I have changed the oil, is this right?

Also, speedometer always reads 10mph after the swap.

Did I disconnect too much? I still have a bundle of wires, most of which is off the carb.

Also, do I need to do the nutter bypass? Not needed I believe in this case.

Pictures might help for the sensors if anybody has them.

Thanks!!

Green Jeep Club Member #64
The Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

the thing u circled is the port where your heater box gets its vacume source
look where your circle meets the pink wires at the harness, at the top left side of teh circle, that little sensor is the temp sensor, looks like it's unplugged to me
Unread 05-18-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

oil pressure guage fault might be the sending unit, have u replaced it lately? though if its at full max all the time i'd suspect a short to ground of the harness to the sending unit. As for the speedo, it's cable actuated, cable from the cluster to the transfer case, maybe the speedo itself crapped out, the cable crapped out, or the speedo gear inside the transfercase crapped out. If it NEVER moves at all, i'd suspect the speedo itself. Do the nutter if u want, probably won't have any effect though. good luck
Unread 05-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #4
The Buck

Thanks for the help, my speedo guage now works and I'm just gonna start plugging wires back in and see what else fires up. Looks like I might need to get a new sending unit for the oil pressure, I haven't touched it yet.

I have been driving it down the road now, just need some warmer weather!!
Green Jeep Club Member #64
The Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.