Dash Conversion Yj to Custom Dash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dash Conversion Yj to Custom Dash

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
wirerat

Dash Conversion Yj to Custom Dash

Looking to see in there are any recent attempts at this ongoing and who if anyone has performed this without incident.
Currently working on a 1992 YJ and will be performing the following tasks and wanted to ask what hangups I would hit.

1.) high beams relocate to dash off wire harness
2.) Indicator lights and hazards to aftermarket switch (steering column clamp or other) - looking for this part else to dash panel multi switch
3.) windshield wiper controls to dash (switch panel)
4.) slim steering column (aftermarket)
5.) all engine indicator lights and cluster panel reworked to HUD lights dash mount
6.) autometer gauges
7.) heater vent relocate - removal of complete plastic dash and tin dash mounting backplate
8.) ignition moved to Dash
9.) custom mounts for CB Radio, Ham Radio, radio

Thusfar the plastic has been removed and working on the steering column plastic and dash plastic around the column.
pulling out all wiring to the column and working it from the connectors off the harness to a remade connector bank (not changing the original wiring harness)
Knowns thusfar
Fuel Gauge tolerances will read 1 ohm empty from sending unit 88 ohms full

Dash customization being considered requires not to reuse old YJ tin pieces and is custom made
Pneu-Con Systems Inc.
P.O Box 5715,
Bend, Oregon 97708
541-382-2552
Contact Mike Garoutte
Gauges O am looking at are from auto meter
Auto Meter
413 W. Elm Street
Sycamore, Illinois 60178
815-895-8141

Any direction or comments / constructive pointers is highly welcome

wirerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You're kidding right? Tons of dashes out there and tons of write ups...

http://www.aqualu.com/jeep-dashes.html

Try the search engine...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
wirerat

Appreciate the link.. i was not getting much on the searches beyond partial projects
Regards.....
wirerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Way easier than hacking together something of your own, really fair prices, and full custom, go see Dan Dilner at DoubleDfab.

The top photo is my YJ dash on the bench before install. Dan made the main metal, full custom. Every item is exactly where Dan and I worked out for my needs. I added the full Autometer gauges and other items.

The lower photo is the dash in Dan's garage before boxing to ship.
snc00015.jpg  
new-dash3.jpg

Unread 01-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Rebel442
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ill give another vote for going with double D dash, takes awhile to get but prices are very reasonable.

[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

that is badass!! /\

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.