dana44 from a scout - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > dana44 from a scout

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-20-2001, 02:32 PM   #1
JYRUS

dana44 from a scout

what do i need to do to make this axle fit in the rear of my 95 yj. going to do a soa with a 1 inch body lift ans rancho full length aal. also what is the best 1 inch body lift. thanks for the help.

JYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2001, 10:10 PM   #2
bob91yj

Daystar makes the best 1" body lift. Their spacers completely replace the stock body mounts.
Unread 10-21-2001, 10:44 AM   #3
JYRUS

what is the daystar web site or phone number
Unread 10-22-2001, 05:57 PM   #4
jpwranglr9

to get that 44 under your jeep you need to cut of the old purches. then decise if you are going to 5x5.5 or 5x4.5. if 5x4.5 than you have to have the axle flange turned down and then re-driled. then you have to do brakes. i did GM disk brakes with weld on mounts for like 200 total with GM calipers and pads, and 95 jeep rotors. soft lines are just banjo to hardlines from any place. them weld the new purches on in the right places, make shock mounts, weld a stud for the brake T fitting, and drill and tap a hole for the vent. Match your gears and away you go.
what 44 did you get? i got a 68 or so scout 44. great rear end.
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 09:34 AM   #5
JYRUS

out of a 75 scout. is this a good d44. it looks stout. what is the flange. and what are the bolt patters of the front d30 on 95yj. thanks so much. oh yeah is the axle that much shorter than stock
Unread 10-24-2001, 06:35 PM   #6
jpwranglr9

mine is out of a 68 or something so its only 2" shorter (that should be the same for yours). i dont know the flange size but the bolt patern is 5x4.5. what i did was make disk brakes for the rear using GM calipers, mounts, and 95 YJ rotors. then i gave a rotor and the shafts to a bud of mine to make the flange fit. oh, the axle flange is the big round disk that has the bolt patern on and at the outer end of the shaft. if you can put a YJ drum or rotor onto the end of the shaft than you are good. i also heard about using a ford explorer's rear rotor. this is also 5x4.5 but should have a larger flange diamiter. so you just have to change the bolt patern.
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.