dana 44 wagonner axle swap, vacuum disco - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > dana 44 wagonner axle swap, vacuum disco

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

dana 44 wagonner axle swap, vacuum disco

Hey, i picked up a front dana 44 out of a wagoneer. it has this weird disconect thing on the diff housing, can someone inform me on what up with this? can i elimate it and do i need a special gear carrier or gears?
not a good picture but you can kinda see it here, this is from google
http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/img/Da...xjco_small.jpg
better, click the fsj drivers side axle link
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3DJ5U%26sa%3DN

The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Pictures are not working. Try Photo bucket.
I believe all the 44s are the same (exept the Rubicon) as far as the ring and pinion. I am not sure how that disconnect works. Maybe you can make it work with your current set up. I would think you could get a one piece axle to replace it and put a block off plate to get rid of the disconnect. Not sure if you would need another seal though.
Sorry really not much help.
Unread 06-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
flexncj7
1985 CJ7 

I wouldn't both trying to use that axle- PIA to work with, and they didn't have hubs.
Dana44s are abundant around here, wrecking yards usually want $150-200 for a complete axle (and they remove it)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.