Dana 44 axle specs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 44 axle specs

Hella Items Priced to Move Sale - Work Lamps, Indicator LiSave on Selected Dynomax Exhaust Systems!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
HB223
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 44 axle specs

I had a friend tell me some model dana 44's have an aluminum center (differential) housing. Anyone know what models those are and what year xj's they come off of? And what year xj's have I believe he said steel differential housing?

HB223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
Reno72

1992 YJ Wrangler 

That was the D44A, I know it came on the Grand Cherokee but not sure what years.

I have nothing against a Prius, I just wish the drivers would peddle faster.
Reno72 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #3
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah ZJ not XJ.

If you look in the ZJ stock specs or FAQ thread in the ZJ forum it may tell you.

Similarly if you go to the XJ or MJ forum under stock specs FAQ it will tell you what years/options had the D44. Even a very limited number of YJ's got D44 from the factory.
Unread 02-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

WJ's too.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.