Dana 44. Aussie Locker Or Detroit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 44. Aussie Locker Or Detroit?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
mitch_brown
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 44. Aussie Locker Or Detroit?

I know your all gonna say the detroit, but if the aussie works it is like half the price. I don't care how loud it is as long as it only clicks around to corners and doesn't unload like every mile and make my jeep swap lanes. I think that i just had bad luck with my last one i prolly had a worn carrier in my dana 35, but the 44 i have now only has 80k on it.

mitch_brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You do realize you are talking about two different types of lockers right?

Lunchbox vs full case.

On a budget - Aussie
Not on as tight of a budget - Detroit (although, I say Detroit because that's what you want opinions about)
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
mitch_brown
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i know there two different kinds thanks though

I'm just gonna spool it for predictability, I don't drive on the street that much anyways
Unread 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
littledevilTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

if you spool it it gonna wear tires out. i would get an aussie... they are good until they start wearing out, then they unlock randomly. if you have the money though get a detroit.

Florida Specific Forum
www.floridajeepers.net
littledevilTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
mitch_brown
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I know it'll where the tires out, but i don't care. Again, i don't drive it on the road that much. a spool is the cheapest, strongest, and most predictable alternative.
Unread 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_brown View Post
I know it'll where the tires out, but i don't care. Again, i don't drive it on the road that much. a spool is the cheapest, strongest, and most predictable alternative.
I run a Detroit EZ Locker (lunchbox) and I like it. I'll probably get another one when this one wears out. Once you first get one you'll have to learn how to drive with it.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.