Dana 44 ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 44 ?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-03-2002, 03:07 PM   #1
Skeeter

Dana 44 ?

I got my new lift now! Hopefully put it on this weekend. Now it's time to regear my wimpy d35. Or bag that idea and get a D44. Is there a dana 44 that will bolt right in? With out going nuts making it fit? any input would be great!

Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2002, 06:07 PM   #2
SethNCSU

A dana 44 from a cherokee or comanche will fit, you just have to move the spring perches and shock mounts. The problem is that they are hard to find and prob. expensive. Another option is to get a ford 8.8 out of a 95 up explorer. They are a little narrower than a stock dana 35, but it isn't really noticeable. They do come w/ disc brakes though. I picked one up for $350. You just have to search around to find a good deal. email me if you wanna see some websites that i have found on an 8.8 install.
SethNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2002, 09:08 PM   #3
RodeoRob

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by SethNCSU:
<strong>Another option is to get a ford 8.8 out of a 95 up explorer. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I second this choice. the 8.8 is pretty darn close to a bolt-up swap. you can even find these little gems w/ 4.10 gears from the factory... so do some looking around.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.