Dana 35 Gears Fit Into Dana 44 Diff. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 Gears Fit Into Dana 44 Diff.

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
_JEEP_
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 35 Gears Fit Into Dana 44 Diff.

Alright quick question here guys. I have a dana 35 right now with 4.56 gears in it. I am going SOA soon and i need a bigger axle i am going with a dana 44. I will have 35" tires. Now my question is will dana 35 gears go right into a dana 44 axle? I really do not want to buy new gears.

Also can i reinforce my dana 35 to make it just as strong as a dana 44 or bigger? I dont really want to spend to much money on this. I dont go wheeling to often i am a moderate wheeler.

_JEEP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

I really do not know whether or not that would work. You should just spend the cash and do it the right way. The larger the ring gear the stronger it is in most cases.

Yes, you can reinforce your dana 35. There are several bolt up products and kits that will help out alot.
'06 MegaCab Cummins- Great White
neatocj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JEEP_ View Post
Alright quick question here guys. I have a dana 35 right now with 4.56 gears in it. I am going SOA soon and i need a bigger axle i am going with a dana 44. I will have 35" tires. Now my question is will dana 35 gears go right into a dana 44 axle? I really do not want to buy new gears.

Also can i reinforce my dana 35 to make it just as strong as a dana 44 or bigger? I dont really want to spend to much money on this. I dont go wheeling to often i am a moderate wheeler.
the dana 35 gears will not or should not fit, but if your on a limited budget why are you going SOA?
www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

do u already have the 44? u can buy used gears from a local diff shop to save some money.Im not a big fan of the 35, or putting another dime into upgrading one. just my opinion
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #5
schecterguy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JEEP_ View Post

no and no.

Have you seen a 44 carrier next to a 35?
SOA and 35's on a D35 is not a very good plan.
Try to find a 44 with 4.56's already in it if you're on a tight budget.
schecterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #6
dell2028
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Big no. Axles are a place where you want to do it right the first time. Last place you want a problem is on a mountain somewhere when you sheared a ring an pinion because you went on the cheap. Definatly try and find one with the 4.56s already in it if you can.

95 YJ, D30/8.8 w/ 4.88s, SOA, 35x14.50x16.5 Pit Bull Mud Dawgs, 101" Wheelbase, Custom Front Bumper, Winch, Custom Rear Tow Points, Traction Bar, Aussie Locker in front, 20 Gal. Gas Tank modification, Hurculiner Tub, Custom Rear Bumper, SYE and CV shaft, BTF Cross-over Steering, RCI 2191 fuel cell, BTF Rockers, RE 1.5" SOA springs up front and XJ springs in the rear

Down the line a bit...engine swap, the list goes on.
dell2028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #7
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

WOW!!!!!

Cheap and SOA do not go in the same sentance. Your a moderate wheeler........then why SOA???

Gears go with their respective axles.

No you cannot build a 35 to = a 44.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
_JEEP_
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Haha alright. I know SOA and cheap dont go together. Im only trying to save some money and yes i know the expenses of SOA. I am what is considered a moderate wheeler up here in quebec. But a moderate wheeler here is having 35" or bigger with soa and we have these huge forest mud pits that come up to your waist in some areas.. No mountains around here though.. And i am willing to put as much money as possible on my winter SOA project. Im only a student working part time i make 900$ a month. But the most expensive deal in the SOA would be the rear diff. Ill have to check up on some prices. Anyways it was only a quick question, Just wondering were i could save a bit of money..
_JEEP_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.