Dana 35 C vs Dana 35 / counter wights on rear hub - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 C vs Dana 35 / counter wights on rear hub

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
Austin77
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 35 C vs Dana 35 / counter wights on rear hub

I am currenly in the process of painting my alumimun rims. I just noticed that the drivers side rear drum has counter wights. Also my axle that someone else installed is a Dana 35c, out of a 98 TJ. Any thoughts on this. Is the Dana 35c more dureable than the Dana 35? I have had my tires balanced, and the counter wights were put on the inside of the rim as normal. Are the one that are on the drum factory? Or should I remove them? I relize I could of used the search feature to answer half the quistions, I trying to save time got pick my son up from school at 4:30. Thanks alot guys

drum.jpg   drum-2-.jpg  
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I believe there is no difference between the 35 and the 35c. And your YJ most likely came with a 35c.
The "C" just stand for custom because they weren't shipped complete from Dana and were fully assembled by Chrysler.

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Those weights are just to balance the drum by it'self. I would leave them alone.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Those weights are normal. The drums are balanced from the factory because casting is not perfect.

The axle installed is the same as the axle you have in your YJ. You DO have a dana 35C.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Austin77
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thank youll for the quick responces. Learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.