Dana 35 C-clip Axle removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 C-clip Axle removal

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-21-2002, 02:58 AM   #1
Paulwpetrea

Dana 35 C-clip Axle removal

Guys/gals:

I need a little information if you would, please?

I am about to take two ('90 and '95) Dana 35 C-clip axles apart. Does anyone know of a writeup, tech page, or would you post the details for doing so? Tools/sizes if possible.

I am going to take the spiders out of one of them. I am then going to take a broken E-Z locker (I think it's broken anyway) out of the other and replace it with the spiders from the first one.

I want to do this on this upcoming weekend.

Thanks.

|[URL=http://www.livingincebu.com/]Living In Cebu[/URL]|[URL=http://www.cebutours.com/]CebuTours.com[/URL]|[URL=http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb]LinC Forums[/URL]|
Paulwpetrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2002, 07:28 AM   #2
RodeoRob

A quick overview for ya....

0.) put vehicle on jackstands, remove wheels, drums, take off cover, drain, blah, blah, blah.

1.) remove the cross pin retaining bolt (this is a small wrench, like 5/32s or something), slide out the cross pin.
2.) now the axle shafts will push in slightly, enabling you to remove the c-clips.
3.) rotate the carrier around and the top spiders will slide out then enabling you to remove the side spiders.

Thats all there is too it, sounds simply eh?

You shouldn't need much more than a simple set of sockets/wrenchs. The of course gear oil and RTV to seal it back up.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2002, 10:54 AM   #3
moabster
2011 WK 

This is from Stu Olson's Jeep Site (I like this site)

D35 Axle Removal

Have Fun
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.