Dana 35....C? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35....C?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-01-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
YJ Dude

Dana 35....C?

OK, I was tearing down a Dana Model 35c rear axle that someone gave me a couple years ago. The axles in this thing are made by Summers Brothers. They are a 1 piece axle with NO C-clips! Is this the Super 35 Kit? The axles were attached to a trashed ARB. That's why I got the whole thing for free. Will the axle shafts fit into my Model 35 with the EZ locker that I have? I currently have a 94 YJ. Thanks for your expertise!

Unread 03-02-2002, 12:01 AM   #2
Tailgummer

YJ dude, sounds to me like you have an early Dana 35 non "C" clip axle. The axles are not interchangeable. But if the housing and axles are in good shape, you may be able to swap carriers and replace the ARB with your EZ locker.
How bad is the ARB? You might want to contact the ARB folks in Seattle to see if it can be salvaged. I've seen some ARB's in rough shape that were put back together with the help of the ARB people. Good group to work with. The non "C" clip housing is worth saving, especially if you have Summer bro. axles.
WWW.4x4xnorthwest.com
Tailgummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
YJ Dude

The axle came out of a 91 YJ. I thought those had the c-clip type axles, but I guess not. The housing is ruined, but I was hoping at least to use the axles as spares. It sounds like the axles are scrap metal too.
Unread 03-02-2002, 10:48 AM   #4
BIG KEV

Hey YJ DUDE, Do you have any pictures of your jeep? Website? I would like to see it!
BIG KEV
KORE4x4CUSTOMS.com
BIG KEV is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.