Dana 30 "Lockright Locker" shaft C-Clip Locker? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
clarkjdg

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 30 "Lockright Locker" shaft C-Clip Locker?

OK I'm putting a lockright locker in my Dana 30 and new 4.10 gears useing the " JEEPSONLY" write up on "Dana 30 Front Lockright Locker" I have followed everthing in the write up except one thing. I have got it totally torn down and at the first they are telling that they have two ways to pull the the cross shaft out one is by grinding 2 to 3 teeth down enough to pull the pin, or by pulling the ring gear, well I have pulled the ring gear the same way they did, and at the bottom they are showing the complete Locker/Carrier assembly and it is ready to go in and the pin is in and the ring gear is on so here is what has got me scrathing my head " How did they put the C-Clip Lock back on the shaft with it totally assembled there isnt any room to reclip the shaft. So I'm asking for someone who has been there to help me figure this on out because the only thing that I can see is that they didn't put the C-Clip Lock back on and my head is getting very tired of me scratching it?

LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IS WAS YOUR LAST...
/_|__\___\
[n___n_[*lllll*]
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
TheRealOldjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You don't put the c-clip back on. The factory only used it to make assembly easier, it's not needed.

Chuck P
94 YJ 2.5L/AW4 (Gone)
98 ZJ Limited 5.2 - sons car
97 TJ 2.5L/30RH - daughters car

www.oldjeep.com My site
post #3 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
clarkjdg

1988 YJ Wrangler 

THANK YOU !!!!!!! I figured that was it but wanted to make sure.

LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IS WAS YOUR LAST...
/_|__\___\
[n___n_[*lllll*]
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.