damn lights not working again - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-17-2011, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

damn lights not working again

i understand this is a reocurring problem with YJ's. however i thought i just fixed this last week. my front headlights and yellows work fine. however my drivers/passengers side flashers arent working and my rear brake lights arent working AGAIN. we just got alot of rain here too. my passengers side rear light is on when i turn the lights on, drivers side i get nothing, however when i hit the brake the light goes out. when i hit the brakes i get no red but only white as if reverse is on (i actually thought the comp knew to throw the reverse lights on when im backing up without it in reverse such as a hill)

hints? tips? i cant figure this one out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

its a ground problem. Clean all the mounting surfaces where the rear lights mount. Consider running a ground wire from one of the mounting studs on the light to the frame (nicely cleaned to bare metal)

1998 ZJ 5.2 Auto

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2011, 05:29 AM
Louie4
Rickety Wrecked Son!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with above to check first. The last time I had this happen the long plug on the steering column under the dash wasn't pushed in good enough. It caused my left turn signal not to work and even the brake lights though I had running lights and headlights. I was install my A/C unit back in and I think I snagged the wires and partially pulled out the plug.

One thing to try is to just reach your hand under the dash and grab and move around wires to see if the turn signals come back on. That's how I figured out my problem.

Just a thought.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.