Damage to leaf spring. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Damage to leaf spring.

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #31
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuznick242 View Post
You dont know if I have ever owned any of it so hop off. (Sorry, late night and I'm kind of irratable) But so far I havent heard anything good from RC, I havent owned any of their stuff but I do spend much of my time surfing the web and researching so that when the funds do come my way and I plan on avoiding RC at all costs, the lift is a quality lift but the springs are a major weak point, 90% of reviews are negative just because of the springs, the biggest complaint is sagging and their product standards and quality control is sketchy at best. They sell whole lifts for less than what other companies sell their springs for, I've done the research and looked at the numbers, if you've had yours for 2 years and have had serious articulation on the regular basis then you've gotten lucky and taken care of it. I recently read that they changed manufacters for the springs but havent gotten any feed back yet on the quality. I might be young but I do have plenty of time on my hands and the internet, and it's scary what kind of combination that can be.
Now you have heard a good thing about RC. I do not make any effort to take care of them, I beat the p**s out of my rig at places like rousch creek, crozet, big dogs etc. They work well. I have bent 3 of them kind of like CB and they have "settled" back into place and still work fine.

Unread 09-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've heard a handful of compliments to pages upon pages of complaints, this page has more compliments than anywhere else on the web. I will give them credit that their customer complaints are down now because of the manufacter change but they havent been tested as long as other springs have since they've been re-done. And your lucky then that it hasnt begun to sag or be an issue, now let's get back on the task of helping him with the spring issue instead of debating whether RC is good or not. I feel bad even suggesting anything because this threads more about people on me about not liking RC and suggesting upgrading than anyone helping him with the spring issue, I also provided other options too, personally, I would just replace all 4 at any cost but then again, I wouldnt have an RC lift, end of dicussion.
Unread 09-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #33
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Back on topic fellas... At the end of the day it really doesnt matter what brand it is. It's still bent and the question was "Do I have to replace it?"

If it's a DD then, yes, rather safe than sorry.

Warning: Slightly off topic
For ****'s sake. It doesn't matter if anyone is a mommy or daddy. Or if someone lives at home. Just because someone (me for example) lives at home doesn't automatically mean I don't have **** to pay for. It also doesn't mean I have no right to say whether or not a product is good or not. I live at home, yes. But I also go to college. I work so my parents pay as little as they need for me because I'm lucky to have them to help support me in this transitional state of my life.
You wanna know the super-awesome suspension kit I have since people like me are just rolling in dough?
Saggy stock springs.

Being a responsible adult doesn't mean you have to be rich/broke/a mommy/a daddy/have the best ****ing suspension around.

So here it is: RC is NOT the best suspension kit around. But that is NOT the issue at hand.

I'd say if you can't replace the springs now (I sure as hell can't replace mine at the moment), just be gentle with them and check them as much as possible to ensure they don't deteriorate.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #34
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojeep1 View Post
man i see that you fu-king dummys put other pepole down , some of you still live home with mommy and daddy , and some of us are mommy and daddys and pay $4000 or $ 5000 per month to live, some of you guys still live home with mom and dad DON'T PAY A DIME TO LIVE THERE so you can aford a better lifts or what ever you spend you money on. but for us guys who shell out the big bucks every month we get what we can aford , just think of the rigs we would have if we lived home with mommy.
Give it a rest.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.