D@&m Rust!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > D@&m Rust!!!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 03-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
TexMontana

D@&m Rust!!!

SO i went in for an inspection today and found a new disaster just waiting to happen!!!

the rear passenger side frame where the rear shackle bolts in is rotting away....it hasnt broken thru yet an may hold for awhile but chances are ... one good pot hole... and we have pot holes aplenty here in rochester... it my go and that would be just great while driving down the expressway....

@#$$$ #%^@$%& $^ #%^* #%*^ #%*

if its not one thing ... its another.......

so what would be my options ina situation like this... its not like i wanna just toss my jeep... to much sweat in it to do that... now without pictures i know its may be hard to say but how about some ideas... if yall needs some pics i can get them in the morn when i get to work. i have access to a digital camera there...

now i always have the time and it gives me something to do instead of sittin on my duff and i have the man power to do it as well (my friends are pretty helpfull) and a couple of them are pretty handy with a welder

any ideas guys would be appreciated

oh ... lol.... and it didnt pass inspection for this reason alone....dammit!!! lol

87 Jeep Wrangler Yj 2.5l stock Currie boomerang shackles Blazer blower motor upgrade Cragar 397 w/31x10.5 rubbers Homade Posi-lock
Rochester,NY
TexMontana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

join the club man.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/frame-material-size-141890/

seems to be a very common place for rust. if it were me though, i'd take it somewhere else for an inspection because they passed mine with what you see in the pics last month and it's worse on the other side. I'm gonna cut mine out and weld in new material. you might get away with welding on new material over top what's there depending on how bad it is though.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.