Custom seat risers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Custom seat risers

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #16
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
You have to go with vinyl seats. Cloth seats with me will get dirty and stained, especially when I go on a parts run when working on a vehicle.
good point!

Unread 08-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #17
BIOHZRD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Great Looking Risers. It's Like you read my mind and stole my Idea.

Nice Risers, It's Like you read my mind and stole my Idea.

I was plotting out and trying to figure out a way to transfer measurements while lowering the new risers and making them out of Box Tube & Angle.

Dude I gotta know you're dimensions!!!
I don't have access to welding equipment and don't need any more sunburn than I already get on my Harley and in the Jeep (Topless) ;-)

Please hook me up with as much specific info as possible so I can take it to a Welder here in town and get some fabbed up for my ride.

can just barely get in my new seat and No Tilt Wheel :-(

I'm kinda big in the middle if ya know wehat I mean.
I don't even wanna think how big I'd be if I didn't drink Light Beer :-)

Need specs if you're willing to send them.

Thanks
BIOHZRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #18
titosgreen95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

they look pretty good,
I put a bench seat out of a 92 dakota up front and made something similar to those, have a thread but the pics are all gone, then put in power heated seats..

same concept, even though there power, when there all the way down there just barely at stock height, maybe a little taller, if i put them all the way up my eyes were over the the entire winshield frame and the steering wheel was damn near between my knees haha
titosgreen95yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #19
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Yep, at some point they stopped putting the flip up risers on the driver side, somewhere around '91 or '92 I think.
My '91 YJ does not have flip-up risers on the driver's side...

Is there any good reason why the factory stopped making the driver's seat risers able to flip up/forward?
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #20
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm doing something similar, used original brackets first with front raisers, that wasnt solid and floor started to crack.. so, started to fab new ones, not ready yet but here is what i did so far.. it's quick release version because im going to weld brackets to the floor to make it rock solid.

rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #21
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I like that quick release idea.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #22
woodmanxxx
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have the same seats in my jeep. I wanted to keep the flip up capability, and as said before, the original risers are higher in the front, so by shortening the front links of the flip mechanism, they sit level and slightly lower. I just replaced them with shorter pieces of 1/8" X 1" pieces of cold rolled steel with holes drilled in the ends.

Also, Just a warning about those seats, they sun bleach pretty easily. I have had them for about 3 years and keep the top off most of the summer, and my red ones are mostly pink now. Use a bikini if you have one.
woodmanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
riser , seat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.