Custom paracord door handles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Custom paracord door handles

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Win a $250 Gift Card to ZoneOffroad.com - 4th of July FaceRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
Scarface6174
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Custom paracord door handles

I totally meant to post this a few months ago, but the very 1st upgrade I got to my YJ was new door handles. One was just a cloth strap and the other was the stock handle that was starting to crack.

So my buddy at work who makes paracord EVERYTHING said he could make the handles. I gave him my good handle and he shows up the next day with THESE THINGS! Not only did he make em look awesome, he made em to last. At each end where they go under the handle covers, he put a grommet in there so the cord wouldn't rub against the screw. Figured I'd let you dudes see this. I know there's ones out there you can buy, but apparently it's very doable yourself.

118_1276.jpg   118_1277.jpg  
Scarface6174 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

also useful if anything falls off the jeep, you just cut your handle off with a knife and unravel the cord to make a tie down.

On a similar note, I just bought the Ashley Book of Knots.
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Does he want to make another pair ?

Blue/Black like these
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

there's a guy near me that does these too...he uses a metal tab and d-ring arrangement to keep the paracord from rubbing on anything that might abrade it

pulls, stays, and a keychain

Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #5
216yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes those are awesome! I commissioned my 11 year old daughter to make my grab handles. I need a set of those and I'll tip her off on the grommet, that's a good idea. Craft stores have the cord if you want to do it yourself.. They have the plastic clips too
216yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Scarface6174
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Seems there's lotsa ways to skin this cat! jsawduste, he moved away last month. So there's that...
Scarface6174 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.