Custom Draglink Hits Frame. Need Opinions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Custom Draglink Hits Frame. Need Opinions

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
heefageLA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. These are just the pics i need to set me in the right direction.

Ill most likely have my jeep taken to a local welding shop that does all my metal work. Thats who welded my steering componets together and he only charged me $40, so i told him, 'hes got my buisness.'

heefageLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heefageLA View Post
sure would like to to see it.
Sorry that I didn't post this earlier, and that this is a poor quality pic.

As you can sorta see, we did this one with a ~45* angle on both sides and a flat piece up top. Its also angled so that less material was taken out/removed on the inner section of the frame nearest the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post
Joe, I may be PM'ing you soon as I'm getting ready to tackle a 3 link front 4 link rear and may have some questions. Looks like your doing the same thing there..
Yep, we're in the middle of a midarm 3/4 link. The rear axle is upper triangulated and outboarded poly towers are all around.

Wheelbase looks to be ~104ish on 37" MTR/K's. Axles are F&R Currie RockJock HPD60's. We did a PSC hydro assist blah blah blah as well.

Ask/PM away.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Sorry that I didn't post this earlier, and that this is a poor quality pic.

As you can sorta see, we did this one with a ~45* angle on both sides and a flat piece up top. Its also angled so that less material was taken out/removed on the inner section of the frame nearest the motor.

Yep, we're in the middle of a midarm 3/4 link. The rear axle is upper triangulated and outboarded poly towers are all around.

Wheelbase looks to be ~104ish on 37" MTR/K's. Axles are F&R Currie RockJock HPD60's. We did a PSC hydro assist blah blah blah as well.

Ask/PM away.
Sweet build and that's a good stretch, I'll be a bit shorter than that and not doing the triangulated 4 link, just the normal 4 link as it seems like a PITA to get tranny/TC out with triangulated. I too have a RockJock front and the PSC hydro assist waiting to go on. I'm proabably going for a full float RockJock rear, not sure yet.

Be talking to you!
DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.