Custom Dash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Custom Dash

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
witty1815
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Custom Dash

I am thinking of changing out my dash. I am planning on leaving the dash pad but changing out all of the gauges and making it flat like a CJ. I am thinking of using black plexiglass instead of metal. The only add ons to the face of the dash will be a couple of toggle switches. I was wanting some feedback to see if anyone has tried this or if anyone thinks it will even work.

Thanks

witty1815 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me19
1976 CJ5 

Yeap been done a bunch. Do a search on the internet for Cj dash in a YJ. There is even a kit with a metal dash that already has the cutouts in it.
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
witty1815
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I know that the CJ swap has been done. I was just wondering if the plexiglass would be strong enough, and still get the CJ look. The main reason I was thinking of the plexiglass is that I can get it in black and would not have to worry about it rusting or paint chipping/scraping.
witty1815 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
mrspradlin
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think you can go over kill with the plexi and us 1/2 inch and you should be fine.
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
Dislsmoke
1985 CJ7 

Check the site in my sig. That may give you some ideas. Look at the Cj and The YJ page for ideas.

Custom Dashs built to your specs dbldfab@gmail.com
website. http://sites.google.com/site/doubledfab/
Dislsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Jeepsr4me19
1976 CJ5 

I dont like plexi glass. It cracks too easy. Use lexan and it will be here when the aliens take over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.