Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

CURRIE springs

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jeffy 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of the Currie springs being worked out? Such as flexing, or any RTI scores for these springs? I'm looking at possibly
getting them. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that these springs are the best for flewxing (better than BDS and Rubicons extreme 4.5), but noone seems to have any RTI scores or pics!!!

#2 ·
"Everyone"? I didn't even know Currie was selling them. Last time I talked to Frank Currie he said they had too many quality control issues with their springs and couldn't get two to turn out the same.

Really, who is everyone? I know not one other soul besides the Curries running these springs.

Additionally, you're not going to beat custom springs from actual "spring manufacturers" like National Spring in California or Alcan in Colorado.

Also, I'd like to point out the RE lift springs for the Extreme Duty lifts are actually manufactured by National Spring. Be very tough to beat these with any other production spring.

I'm not saying the Currie springs can't be good springs. Hell, maybe even excellent springs. I'm mainly criticizing your characterization of them being the "best" according to "everyone".

#3 ·
OK, instead of saying "everyone", I should of said most. But, after 2 forums (this forum plus rockcrawler.com) of checking peoples responses about different lifts for YJ's, the Currie springs rank way up there. Except for the Alcans (which are very expensive)(and custom springs from National are in this expensive class too), about 8-9 out of 10 (and this isn't an exact number, but is PRETTY dang close), the Curries rank highest, followed closely by Rubicon Express extreme springs, then BDS. I've checked both forums going back about 1 yr, and that's what I've read over and over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.