Currie Rear Boomerang shackles-- Hole spacing center to center? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Currie Rear Boomerang shackles-- Hole spacing center to center?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Currie Rear Boomerang shackles-- Hole spacing center to center?

For those of you using Currie's Boomerang Shackles: What's the center to center measurement of the holes for the bushing bolts for Currie's rear boomerang shackles? I placed an order with Quadratec for a set, to replace the sloppy shackles that came with the Jeep. Problem is, although I told Quadratec's rep the exact measurements of my old shackles and what size I needed to replace them with, I forgot to ask him if the Currie's would be the same dimension. (doh!) He didn't specify that there would be any difference in length from my old shackles, and Quadratec's website doesn't show the measurements I need, other than to say they are 1/4 higher than stock shackles So I'm guessing the Currie holes are 4-1/2" center to center... correct?

I just need to know if I should order something else to have it delivered here by next weekend. I'd like to install the new shackles, along with some other items, at the same time (useable days off are sometimes few and far between). Keeping the Jeep at the same ride height front and rear for now is the goal, or at least *level* front to rear.

For comparison, the old rear shackles measure 7-1/2" long, with the bolt holes 5-3/4" center to center, and look something like this:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16049_201.htm

Yeah, I tried searching, but none of the many posts that came up for Currie and hole spacing mentioned this measurement.

Burlbook48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Rayd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mine are 4.75". Hope that helps.
Rayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

It does indeed. Thanks Rayd!

Dave
Burlbook48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.