cruise control? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > cruise control?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
boardmaker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

cruise control?

There is a ' black box' mounted on the inside left fenderthat has a vacuum line goingg into one end and a cable with a loop coming out the other side. There are a number of wires going from the side with the vacuum connection. These wires go through the firewall about where the steering column is. The signal lever looks like it had cruise capabilities but it clearly does not work now. If this box is a cruise box, is there anything special that needs to be done to remove it?

Many thanks.

boardmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just unplug it. I can't say that I have even seen a cruise setup on the earlier Jeeps.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
69moparman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Just unplug it. I can't say that I have even seen a cruise setup on the earlier Jeeps.
My 1990 Sahara has cruise control, but the PO cut all the wires coming out of the back of the turn signal stalk. I can only think of 2 reasons why anyone would do that. Either he's a natural born A$$Hole or he didn't think to simply unplug the harness. Now I need a new turn signal lever with the harness and the (probably) defective control box. The cruise control is the ONLY thing on my 110K mile Jeep that doesn't work. Yes, even the AC works!

Mark
69moparman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.