cruise control? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-03-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
boardmaker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

cruise control?

There is a ' black box' mounted on the inside left fenderthat has a vacuum line goingg into one end and a cable with a loop coming out the other side. There are a number of wires going from the side with the vacuum connection. These wires go through the firewall about where the steering column is. The signal lever looks like it had cruise capabilities but it clearly does not work now. If this box is a cruise box, is there anything special that needs to be done to remove it?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just unplug it. I can't say that I have even seen a cruise setup on the earlier Jeeps.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
69moparman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Just unplug it. I can't say that I have even seen a cruise setup on the earlier Jeeps.
My 1990 Sahara has cruise control, but the PO cut all the wires coming out of the back of the turn signal stalk. I can only think of 2 reasons why anyone would do that. Either he's a natural born A$$Hole or he didn't think to simply unplug the harness. Now I need a new turn signal lever with the harness and the (probably) defective control box. The cruise control is the ONLY thing on my 110K mile Jeep that doesn't work. Yes, even the AC works!

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.