crt performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > crt performance

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 02-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
coneal30
1990 YJ Wrangler 

crt performance

does anyone have a number to call CRT?

CRT Performance HEI distributors. anyone used these? are they a good product/upgrade?

coneal30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I did buy one about 4+ years ago and have not had any issues with it. Try crtperformance dot com for there site.
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
coneal30
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i did go to their site, and ordered a dizzy. i havent had 1 email or anything from them since and it has been 2 weeks. i email them, and no response. im giving them to friday, and im calling my CC company and telling them it was fraud and to take the money back. how do you let someone order from your site and 2 weeks go by and you give them nothing, not even a courtesy email. hell, rocky road outfitters did better than that and everyone talks about how bad their customer service is.
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have had a CRT dizzy for a few years and have been happy with it.

BUT

That is pretty much how they operate. You will not get any response, they won't answer the phone or send a tracking number. Then one day the part will show up at your door.

It really sucks because they have a good product for a good price but I hesitate to recommend them because of stories like yours
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Lots of guys here use them. I did a home built/salvage HEI and used their cam drive gear, but if I were to do it all again, I'd just order straight from them. Is there not a number on their site??
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Weird when I posted yesterday there were no comments at all on this thread and it was nearly two hours earlier than what the thread shows now...... maybe I've just entered the Twilight Zone.....
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
coneal30
1990 YJ Wrangler 

they did respond and gave me a tracking number. the part is supposed to be here today. i may have been a little over anxious because i spent $150 and got nothing in return. it took them about 24 hours to respond to my email, which i guess isnt that bad. they also gave me some good info on complaints others on this site were having regarding the cam gear and vacuum advance issues. the cam gear wasnt the problem, it was the gasket that the ebay sellers were sending with the dizzy that was causing the dizzy to "ride high" on the cam gear and chewing it up. dont use the red gasket.... also the vacuum doesnt have the issue its the fact the pig tail needs to be just to the right of the vaccum advance for it to work properly. meaning if the vaccum advance is at 12 o'clock the pig tail needs to be at 1 o'clock.
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i've used a CRT dizzy 4 years, it's been great.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
CrazySOB
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've got a number for ya.

Just purchased a new dizzy and they finally gave me the phone number after making my purchase. 508-783-0004
CrazySOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
smokey77
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I ordered the complete unit from them about 2 months ago and had it in my hands in 3 days. Runs great, best improvement ever, no complaints with the service or product,only praise.
smokey77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
jeepin-it
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ive had one in my Jeep for about 3 months, great product would for sure buy it again if I ever needed too!
jeepin-it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #12
dbikers
1989 YJ Wrangler 

if it starts running rough at any time after the install check this thread....at the time i bought mine a few of us had some problems with the caps cracking and shorting out. Glenn was great when i dealt with him and i think he was a 1-man band (may account for slow email response)...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.